This page summarize information about the Speedb releases.
Find out what's new in Speedb!
This page summarize information about new features, bugs fixes and enhancements per release.
Release date: 5-April-2023 | Based on RocksDB 7.7.8
- New write flow: Major improvement of writing while reading. Note: This feature is experimental and it consumes slightly more memory in this release #445
Release date: 15-February-2023 | Based on RocksDB 7.7.8
- Paired-Bloom-Filter: Balancing rounding to batches between the bottom-most level and other levels #371
Release date: 22-December-2022 | Based on RocksDB 7.7.3
Release date: 15-November-2022 | Based on RocksDB 7.2.2
- Update README.md
- docs: fix instructions for building Speedb in README.md and INSTALL.md
Release date: 26-October-2022 | Based on RocksDB 7.2.2
- Added new Paired bloom filter that reduces false positive rate with the same performance and memory. In some configurations, the memory consumption is even reduced by up to 30%. Note: Paired bloom filter is recommended to use when the number of bits per key is larger than 10. (#54)
- An infrastructure addition for a future feature: added API to retrieve the amount of immutable memory that can be freed. (#113)
Release date: 04-August-2022 | Based on RocksDB 7.2.2
- Added ability to create MemTableFactory from URI/string to tools
- Avoid comparing Status using == as it compares only status codes. The comparison breaks when comparing against status::NoSpace() since it has a status code of
Code::kIOErrorand only a subcode of
- Fixed snapshots leak in optimistic_transaction_example: whenever the example is run under ASan, snapshots are acquired but not released, resulting in a memory leak error.
- ldb: fix get to print the entire value
- db_bench: fix Rocksdb bug of last_ref assertion. Test fails to delete multi-dbs correctly.
- db_bench: fix SeekRandom and ReadRandomWriteRandom to work on all CFs instead of the default
- db_bench to report accurate response time when using rate limit
- CMake: use the old plugin infra and add support for *_FUNC registration
- LOG: Print write_buffer_manager size to LOG
- LOG: change log header to SpeeDB
- LOG & db_bench: metadata_cache_options - print to LOG and support its configuration in db_bench
- db_impl: use unique_ptr in DBImpl::Open for nicer memory management
- Explicitly compare the SuperVersion pointer in column_family
- Rename rocksdb threads to speedb
- Add a version number to Speedb builds
- Clang-Format: Do not include third-party code as any changes are either version updates or fixes.
- Git: add clangd cache to .gitignore